Photobucket

Sunday, January 22, 2012

They park where they want, whenever they want.



I love seeing how people park here. I'm not quite sure why I get such a kick out of it, but I do. I decided to make a folder on my desktop of parking pictures. I am not sure what I want to do with it yet, but definitely something. Any ideas? And no, there are not people in the cars of these pictures. They are seriously parked.

Okay, ready to hear about my weekend? Good.

Friday:

Bus!
On Friday I got to go to TOLEDO!!! and yes, the saying "Holy Toledo" comes from this. We took a super classy bus. The seats were oober comfy and there were tables in there. HOW COOL IS THAT?!
Well anyway, Toledo is seriously the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I was in shock. As one of my friends in the bus said, "Guys...it's so beautiful I want to like...cry." haha. It was seriously amazing. Our tour guide, Angél. gave us a tour around the city for about 3 hours. We got to go to the Toledo Cathedral. It is the second biggest Cathedral in Spain. We will get to see the biggest one later on in our trip. It was amazing. We looked at other amazing places around the city. It was so beautiful.
HOLY TOLEDO!
After the tour we got to go off on our own. I got some mazapan, which is a famous treat Toledo is known for. I was told I may not like it, but that we have to try it since it is so famous there. They were right, I wasn't a fan. It tasted somewhat like cookie dough, just not very good. haha. 
Then Vern and I went and looked at stores for a few hours. We have been really good about not spending money. I decided to get keychains from every city we visit though to have as a memory, so I got one in Toledo. I also got a gofre! Gofres are so good! My mom here makes the best ones though. They are like waffles with something tasty in them and then you put whipped cream and chocolate on top. nom nom nom:)
Gofre!
After looking around for awhile we met back up with the group and headed home after and incredible day.
When Vern and I got home we did homework and booked our flights to ROME!! ahhh! I'm going to Rome, Italy during our travel week in March. I am so stoked. I am seriously so lucky. I feel so blessed being able to have this awesome experience. I am appreciating every bit of it.

Saturday:
El Palacio de Comunicaciones
Saturday we gladly slept in:) We laid around and then had lunch. Around 2:30 we went to a sports center near here. It is amazing! and free! We ran around the track a bit and watched some kids play soccer. It was a beautiful day in Alcala!
We came home and headed into Madrid around 5. For our Madrid Walks class we have to follow some papers that tell as where to go. We did one this night that took us a bit. Madrid at night was beautiful though. It was fun. We ended up getting back home a little after 9. It was a great day!:)

I Planked in the train. nbd.







Sunday:
We woke up on time for church this week! wooohooo! Church was good. Relief society is first. The ladies got fiesty in there. Some got into arguing with one another. Weird. Sunday school was nice and normal. I really enjoyed Sacrament meeting. Something that really stood out to me that one speaker said was, "What are you thinking when you have nothing to think about?" That defines a lot of who you are. It was really neat. It got me thinking a lot.

I had a dream last night that I was going on a mission. It was the night before I was leaving but I was unprepared. It all seemed sudden, and I didn't have good missionary clothes and it was a mess. It really got me thinking, though. I have somewhat considered a mission for awhile, but have been unsure. Today I really felt like I wanted to. I still am unsure, but I decided today that I will start to prepare just in case. It somewhat shocked me to think that I would be going in less than a year if I do. I am really going to work on preparing now. I will be consistent with my scriptures and prayers. I'm excited to watch my own testimony grow.
Cookies we made!

I went on a walk by myself today. It was so beautiful out. I went to the Plaza Cervantes and sat and watched people. I loved it.
Tonight we made cookies with Encarna. It was fun. She's cute and laughs at everything.

I had a wonderful weekend. I am loving it here. I am truly blessed.



3 comments:

  1. Kristie! I think its really awesome that you've decided to prepare to serve a mission! Whether of not you actually decide to go, you will never regret preparing for one. And if you do decide to serve a mission you'll never regret that either! Missions are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an awesome weekend! every time i read your blog i get so jealous haha you are seeing and experiencing so much cool stuff!! also, thoughts about a mish huh? thats cool! definitly something you should think about, whether or not you decide you should go you will definitly feel good about preparing for it just in case. i love you sister, and i miss you, and i think you are splendid :)

    ReplyDelete