Photobucket

Friday, January 13, 2012

Ew, School.

Just kidding!! I'm really excited for school! haha. Today was my first day!
We only had one class though, art. I am super excited for this class. I don't know a whole lot about art, and can't wait to learn. Listen to how awesome this is....

The pictures and art we study, we get to go see in real life! We have weekly assignments where we have to go to museums and look at the paintings. How awesome is THAT?! I am super stoked:) I'm going into Madrid to El Museo del Prado this coming week, probably for a sunday activity, because it is free from 5-8pm. We have to find certain paintings and answer questions on a sheet. The title of the assignment is "Museo del Prado Treasure Hunt"...Fun? I think yes. I can't wait!

More classes start on monday. I will be taking two spanish classes, my art class, a class called "Madrid walks", and a religion class. I am pretty excited for all of them.

After class today Vern and I walked around Alcala and got to know some of the shops better. We were pleased to see some tasty places. There was a Mexican food place, a McDonalds, a Burger King, and tasty treats. We decided to maybe go eat out at least once a week so we don't feel a bit homesick with all this food we are not familiar with.

We came home and Maria made us food. We had this bean soup with potatoes in it and some sausage thing in it. The bean soup was okay...but the sausage I was too afraid to try. It didn't look normal and I know this sounds gross..but blood was leaking out of it into my soup. yuck.

Vern and I were pleased to find out we can watch some of our shows on a website. I know that sounds lame, but it really let us have some time to just feel a bit at home. It can be hard to be away from our normal world sometimes.

Gelado!
This evening Vern, Ali, Marynn, and I went and got gelado. It was the first time I ever tried it! It was pretty tasty! We ended up staying there and talking for about 2 hours. It was fun!

I think Encarna understands how we are feeling about the food. She bought us cookies to eat:) and we had hamburgers tonight! I cant tell you enough how kind Encarna is. I tried something new on my burger. It was an over-easy egg! It was actually really tasty!  We tried this carmel thing they put on bread tonight. I actually really liked it!

Tomorrow I am pretty sure I am going into Madrid and hopefully going to El Parque de Retiro. I have really been looking forward to that. It seems like so much fun.

Hasta Luego.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...not to be a super creeper but what was that website lets you watch shows? Your blog is super cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete