Photobucket

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fun fun fun fun.


AHH!!! I LOVE SPAIN:)

It is amazing here. That is about all I can say. So here is what's up. You ready?! OKAY!

SATURDAY:
On Saturday Vern left for the day with one of her friends who is in Madrid right now. Therefore, I went out with Ali and Marynn. We took the train into Madrid and walked to El Parque del Retiro! I was so excited. It is a place I had been looking forward to going to. We actually ran into missionaries there too! It was cool! They were elders still in the MTC but they were out to talk to people. One was from Utah and the other one..well we didn't quite understand what he said when he told us where he was from. I think somewhere in Africa?

El Parque del Retiro
Anyway, Retiro park was so beautiful! We went a little early and it was a bit cold out so there weren't many little row boats on the lake. I think I will make a few visits there though and go on a little boat myself. It would be SO much fun! 

Anyway, we looked around this huge and beautiful park. It was great. We then walked back to the train station and headed back. I went to my apartment and relaxed a little and then later we went out to look at some shops here in Alcala.

Latter in the night a lot of Encarna's family came over and I had a fun time with them. There was her brother, his wife, Candela (their 3-year old little girl), their baby, and one of Encarna's other nephews, Rafael. I had a great time spending time with them. Candela is SO cute, she kept saying "donde esta mi amiga, Kristie?" Translation: "Where is my friend, Kristie?" She followed me all around and loved being with me. It was so cute:) I could tell a lot more about her, but I'm keeping it short:) 

Candela and Roberto
Rafael is 18 and he and I talked for a bit about all the differences of Spain and the US. It was fun. He seemed to know a lot about the US and Mexico. I was asking if kids here use Facebook much and he said they sort of do and that he is related to a guy who helped create Facebook. He kinda laughed at it though and then explained. He said that his mother's boyfriend's son's girlfriend is the sister of Sean Parker (Who Justin Timberlake played in The Social Network). Confusing, I know. AND I had to understand it in spanish! Haha. He jokes about it a lot.

SUNDAY:

I had been looking forward to church for a long time! Church is at 10:30 with sunday school first. Unfortunately mine and Vern's alarm clock did not go off. She woke me up at 10:45 and we got ready and showed up for sacrament meeting. I loved hearing the sacrament blessed in spanish again. It was so much fun. Sacrament meeting was short though. They passed the sacrament and then had a prayer and left. I guess they said the heater wasn't working and the building was too cold so they let everyone go early. I had never experienced that, it was kinda funny. I can't wait until I get to know more people in the ward.

For lunch we had some sort of rice with shrimp in it. I'm not a fan of seafood but i tried it and actually enjoyed it! And we had a DELICIOUS desert. It was some tasty type of waffle with whipped cream and chocolate...mmmm!

This evening we went over to the Larsen's home. (Our instructors of the program) It was so much fun! All us girls in the program were there and we enjoyed American chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Man, I miss those treats. We all chatted and had a great time. The girls in our group are just awesome.

I get to skype my mom tonight!:) I haven't really had the opportunity to talk to her since I have been here. It will be 12 at night here and 3pm there. haha. It's the only time that worked for us both. How awesome is that, though? That I can be all the way here in Spain, and her in California and we will get too see each other and talk?? I am so stoked. I miss that cutie.

Welp, all my classes are tomorrow! I'm pretty stoked!:) Hope you all had a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Kristie!!! it looks like you are having so much fun and trying so many new things already! I love the blog! Please continue to keep up on it so WE can keep up with you! Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear kristie,
    i've missed you while you've bin gon i cant wate till
    you get back from spain you .Are the best ant
    evre.
    Love Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... yeah Kristie... those tasty waffle things with chocolate & whipped cream are the gofres I told you about!!! Yum yum yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment was by me too... I don't know why it didn't register my name...

      Delete