Photobucket

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The End.

I'm in love with Europe. I don't want to leave but unfortunately it is time. I get on my plane tomorrow morning and land in San Francisco at 10:30pm.
How am I feeling?...Weird.
I was supposed to leave Alcala on Thursday and head to Paris but there were 'huelgas' (strikes). Our flight got cancelled so instead my parents and I went to Sevilla for a day. I loved Sevilla the first time I went, so showing my parents it was really fun:)
We then headed to Paris on Saturday. I love Paris. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I was warned that people were going to be rude, but in all honesty I found them all to be really nice.

The things I did:
-Ate Crepes..BEST THING EVER.
-Saw the Eiffel Tower...and climbed it! It is amazing in the day and the night!
-Went to Versailles...Line was so long we didn't go inside but the gardens..WOW!
-Went to Notre Dame...yes, I did act like Quasimodo the whole time. We climbed that too! So beautiful.
-Went to the Louvre...Saw the Mona Lisa and other amazing pieces of art. Spent 6 hours there.
-Ate pastries...as many as possible.
-Took a boat down the Seine River...loved.
-Went to the Arch of Triumph...Bigger than I expected.
-Walked on Avenue Des Chaps-Elysees...yes I did shop a bit:)

Eiffel Tower!

Gardens at Versailles

Notre Dame

Mona Lisa at the Louvre


We also went to Mont Saint-Michel. It is a tiny Island with a Cathedral on top and little places built around it. We stayed the night there. It was so cool at night because they close down the island for tourists and only those staying the night there are there. Its quiet and beautiful.
How cool is THAT?!

Sunset:)


The other place we went to was Normandy. Wow...words can't even explain that experience. We went to Omaha Beach. We saw the many holes in the ground scattered in just that one section from the bombings, we saw and went in the bunkers that the Germans had been in. We also saw the cemetery over 9,000 American soldiers who died. I learned a lot that day. It was an incredible experience.
Huge holes from bombings. All over.


So many. <3
I love Europe, and I plan to come back some day. I am excited to go home though. I get to see my family, my nieces and nephews, meet Zoey, see my puppies, see friends, go into San Francisco, eat In-N-Out, and then head to Rexburg for school again.
I won't forget this experience at all.

So this is the end of my Spain blog. Thanks to those who read, I hope you enjoyed.
Maybe I will start a blog and just write about my life or thoughts every now and then, but as for now this is all.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment